Report: Pensacola naval station attack may be linked to terrorist strike

The Center Square https://www.thecentersquare.com/ A Royal Saudi Arabian Air Forces cadet training at Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola may have been acting on behalf of al-Qaida on Dec. 6 when he murdered three U.S. Navy sailors and wounded eight, according to information uncovered from his cellphones. U.S. Attorney General William Barr and FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a statement today that Second Lt. Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani had communicated with Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) operatives before arriving in Florida and right up to the attack. Alshamrani, 21, had been in the U.S. since August 2017 and obtained a Florida hunting license in mid-April 2019. In July, he legally purchased the 9 mm Glock 45 pistol with an extended magazine in a Pensacola-area gun store. Alshamrani was among about 200 foreign nationals studying at NAS Pensacola’s Naval Aviation Schools Command when he opened fire with the Glock 45 in a classroom, killing three U.S. Navy members and wounding eight before being gunned down by Escambia County sheriff’s deputies. In the shooting’s aftermath, revelations surfaced that Alshamrani had posted a Twitter manifesto denouncing America as a “nation of evil” and, the night before the attack, watched a video of mass shootings with other Saudi cadets at NAS Pensacola. In a late-December video, AQAP leader Qassim al-Rimi said he directed Alshamrani to commit the murders and claimed to have his last will. Al-Rimi was killed shortly after in a U.S. drone strike. In January, Barr ruled the shooting was […]

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.